Bronxite 1962 Field Trip - Giants v Packers

CLICK "Stratton Park" ABOVE for Information & History about Stratton Park - Just like always!!!!!!!

Bronxite 1962 Field Trip - Giants v Packers

Postby matt keenan » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:22 pm

Hello All: It's been awhile for me since my last posting. Happy New year to all with dreams and needs abundantly fulfilled. The Giants are playing the Packers this weekend for the Division Championship. The last time these teams met for such a title was in 1962, 45 years ago. Guess what, there is a very interesting story or stories lurking around out there about our neighborhood's bus excursion to see that game. Apparently, the game was blocked out on local television and the only way to see it was to go outside the black out zone. I understand that a bus load of folks went away to a hotel to see the game. I also understand that there were some interesting events and stories about this trip which will rival the infamous Hampton Five. Okay, the ball is in your court, let's here from the "gamers" who went on the trip and share the wonderful experience with the rest of us. How was the bus driver, Did the T.V. survive? Anybody over imbibe? Did the bus have a bathroom and where did everyone go upon returning to the Bronx??? And whatever other tidbits can add to the trip. We need a good laugh. Oh, thank you Kay Rogan for the scoop. Have a great day. Love, Peace and Happiness. Matty Keenan
matt keenan

Return to Stratton Park